19+ years of being a web developer would not have been possible without the Internet, mentors & friends. I’m so grateful to those that share their knowledge so this site is a humble attempt of doing the same.
I first learned that you could change code and a computer would respond when I was 15. My Mom brought home floppies of the game Civilization given to her by a co-worker. We had just gotten our 1st family computer (a Compaq Presario with Windows 3.1). The game wouldn’t work with the mouse enabled so I called customer service and they walked me through disabling it by changing AUTOEXEC.BAT. Interest peaked. From my dorm room in college in 1997, I published my first webpage to Geocities. I was hooked. Web development combined creating something visual (aesthetics/art/design) with logic so it was incredibly compelling to me. The web is constantly evolving so I’m forever learning and pushing myself to evolve with it.
I’ve spanned quite a few web technology stacks in my career:
- I’ve built out new pages & features in a complex single page web application built with React & Redux (and many other pieces: redux-saga, Styled Components, React Router, reselect, normalizr, react-intl, Jest/Enzyme, Babel, Flow, Webpack, Prettier, ESLint, stylelint, Bolt/Yarn/NPM, WebdriveIO and more…).
- I’ve built out new features in a single page web application built with Ember.js & Ember Data (utilizing WebSockets and LESS).
- I’ve refactored an older single page web application I created to use Browserify instead of RequireJS.
- I’ve created single page web applications from scratch using jQuery, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, jQuery Mobile, LESS< Jasmine, RequireJS, and Grunt.
- I’ve led front-end engineering on a CMS re-platform and UI redesign of a large corporate site (responsive design done mobile first).
- I’ve configured a multi-lingual search solution for a corporate website using MondoSoft (MondoSearch, BehaviorTracking, InformationManager).
- I’ve worked with ASP.NET, C#, Microsoft Content Management Server, Microsoft Commerce Server, & Microsoft Solutions for Internet Business to develop global, multi-lingual shopping carts and content sites.
- I’ve designed & developed web & client-based Lotus Notes applications using Lotus Domino Designer and LotusScript (variant of ECMAScript).